Monday 9 December 2013

CHOMP(s)!

Despite being the hottest winter Melbourne has ever had, there is currently not a hint of clear sky and 
the wind is howling against my bedroom window. I'm determined to brave today's weather and have 
brunch with one of my girlfriends.

continue perusing; please&thankyou 
***


N2 Extreme Gelato review this is an extremely delayed post. 
A little about N2 

The flavours change weekly, so that's a plus and a minus depending on how keen you are of trying
new, sometimes, somewhat, intriguing flavours (spam and mustard anyone?). For this dessert addict,
no thank you alas no judgement if you went there, please comment if you did I'd love to hear the 
feedback. 

cost: $6 a scoop (you only get one &only need one)
Set up and atmosphere: very casual, quirky and cute
Flavours to try: cookies & cream, mango sorbet 
Service: helpful and very friendly 
Address: 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday: 1pm – 11pm

More details: http://n2extremegelato.com.au/

  1. I first sampled N2 gelato more than couple of months ago,
  2. The hype is over or so I declare.

The great enthusiasm that this franchise has received is mainly due to the process rather than the quality
of product. On my first visit I ordered the Black Lava salted caramel .


So, firstly, salted caramel anything is just... delicious. I worked at a macaroon stall for a period of time and we sold salted caramel macaroons. Let's just say I bought/ate as many of those as I sold. Therefore my expectations for this particular flavour and franchise was very HIGH.


I was pleased with flavour of the Black Lava salted caramel, it was salty and sweet, a nice blend. The texture of gelato was extremely smooth which I enjoyed, very much. Although the "black lava" salt
that sprinkled the gelato was -I NEED WATER WHAT IS IN MY MOUTH- salty. They were very interesting though so as you do, I got excited and wondered what they tasted like, and bit into one along with a decent spoonful of the gelati. Not my best idea.
Overall it was yummy! The hype
amounted to a bit much, I wouldn't say overrated. You definitely get your money's worth and as they say 2 scoops? you don't need it.


Crème brûlée

"its liquid nitrogen process in the making of their products"

Black Lava Salted Caramel

rating; 4 bites out of 5

N2 Extreme Gelato on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment