Friday 8 August 2014

Yes.

If you haven't seen Under Armour's new stunning 'I Will What I Want' campaign it is something to look forward to. 



Under Armour is setting out to rebrand itself as gear that can empower female athletes.
 “I WILL WHAT I WANT” speaks to women who do not wait for permission, advice or affirmation from others in order to go after what they want. 
The viral video of profession ballerina, Misty Copeland, who is a soloist of the American Ballet Theatre, is touching and empowering. It's so relatbale because as Copeland says “I think every woman has her version of that rejection letter.”

In her interview with Times Magazine, she goes on to talk about how “like many women, I was told that I wasn’t good enough and that I couldn’t succeed, but I willed myself to where I am now. I think that’s a message that resonates with all women. Success isn’t handed to us: we earn it.”



She is joined by Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn, tennis player Sloane Stephens, soccer player Kelley O’Hara and pro surfer Brianna Cope as advocates for strong women and the constant fight in breaking the glass ceiling. 

I just love it. It's breathtakingly beautiful and comes with a strong positive message. I know it's advertising, I know it's marketing, being a student of media and communication I understand all of the tools they've applied but I cannot help but love it. #IWILL


No comments:

Post a Comment