Thursday 12 December 2013

Giving back

The Kony project 2012 blew up over the internet and worldwide. It quickly became a phenomena and movement that everyone was talking about. Some said it was a scam, some said it was a hoax even a craze. Today at the end of 2013 it still is a non-profit charity trying to move forward in a world where every moment is fleeting. I was in my final year of high school when Kony exploded,  sitting at the exact dining table I am today, when I watched the video, it made me cry because of the injustice of it all. I immediately emailed it to the teacher responsible of our student council hoping to rally our peers and my generation. Probably due to the fact that I was a student council rep and I think this organisation really hit home because it stems from my desire to be apart of change, great change.  And being the inquisitive mind I am, keep in mind I at the time desperately wanted to get into journalism,  started researching digging deeper for both sides of the truth. 

The truth is so multifaceted. At times it makes you forget and ultimately question what is up and what is down but thats a whole other blog post all together.

If you haven't heard of the Invisible children  hears a little run down:
"Invisible Children, Inc. is an organization founded in 2004 to bring awareness to the activities of the Lord's Resistance Army in Central Africa, and its leader, Joseph Kony."
Invisble children ETHOS
"We believe in the equal and inherent value of all human life. We believe that a worldview bound by borders is outdated and that stopping injustice anywhere is the responsibility of humanity everywhere. We call this ethos Fourth Estate."

The intention of this post was the idea and message behind Invisible Children ambassador, actress and fashion icon, Rachel Bilson's design;
It's a message that we can all take from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment